I'm gonna make this short and sweet. I know everyone is quoting "no man knows the day nor the hour," but that still doesn't give us a free pass to live however we want. The end is near. VERY NEAR. Here are a few reasons why I believe the end is right around the corner.
- If you look through Revelations, you will see judgements being poured out in "sevens." The last of the sevens occurs starting in Revelations 15. Here is what the last group of sevens look like:
Let's talk about the first one for a moment - malignant sores. If you know anything about the HIV virus, you will know that in the final stages, those infected develop malignant sores on their bodies. The HIV virus is the worst outbreak I believe we have ever seen in human history. The first cases of aids started popping up in the late 60's. We went from not even hearing about this disease, to having over 40 million people infected with it just a few years ago. Here is what the global outlook of aids looked like as of 2003:
There are growth rate calculators on the internet that you can use to determine the rate of growth of a certain number of years. I calculated the rate of growth, and projected it out for the next 20 years. The results are shocking. Pardon my drawing skills -
If the HIV virus continues to spread with the same rate of growth as it did from the 1960's for the next 20 years, over 1 BILLION 200 MILLION people will be infected. In the span of less than half a century, HIV infected almost 100 Million people. My point is not to say that the Bible IS talking about HIV, but if we look at the data, the world has never seen anything like it.
2. SEA TURNED TO BLOOD - I want you to think about a recent event that could be labeled as the Sea turning to Blood. Ok if you haven't got it yet, what has been the most catastrophic Oceanic event of history as we know it? THE GULF OIL SPILL. Let me show you some pictures of this, and you decide for not if it looks like the Sea is turning to blood -
3. Let me fast forward to number 6 - THE RIVER EUPHRATES DRIES UP. I don't know if anyone caught this, it was actually in the New York Times. They did a special about Biblical Prophecy being fulfilled in 2009. Let me show you some shocking pictures -
Here is a picture above of a man standing in the middle of what used to be the river.
Fishers went out of business. Families who had lived off the banks for centuries had to move, because they had no water, and no food.
This one you really can't argue with. Out of all the list of sevens in Revelations, this is number 6 on the LAST list of sevens. And look what follows after the River Euphrates dries up:
4. GREAT EARTHQUAKE - Let me throw out another verse for a minute.
Mark 13:18 - Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.So the Bible says, that in the last days, there will be EARTHQUAKES IN VARIOUS PLACES. Now I don't know for how long there have been earthquakes in various places, but I do know the fact that they are happening now. I decided to do some research. Here is what I found: (Data is from March 16th 2011)
Click on the picture above to see an enlarged view of Earthquakes that happened so far in 2011. There are even more now because this info is outdated.
When I did this study in March 2011, I thought there would be maybe 10 Earthquakes worldwide. I had no idea there would be 676 in the past 7 days over a 2.5 richter. What do we now know from this information? THERE ARE MOST CERTAINLY EARTHQUAKES IN VARIOUS PLACES. Not to mention that on March 11th, an 8.9 Quake hit Japan, one of the largest in recorded history.
5. FAMINES - Mark 13 also mentions famines. We live in America. The most famine we hear about is when McDonald's runs out of chicken nuggets. But worldwide, the story is different.
4 BILLION PEOPLE LIVE ON LESS THAN $2 A DAY. 2 BILLION OF THOSE LIVE ON LESS THAN $1 A DAY. The world is starving. There are more mouths in this world than the world can feed. That is the definition of famine. Not having enough food. But you would never know that here in the USA. We cast a blind eye to the rest of the world. It's not a pretty picture.
Bible prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes.
Harold Camping may not be correct, but I don't think he is too far off.